Well the database has just been released as part of the delphidabbler/code-snippets project on GitHub. This is version 2.0.
Here are a few details:
- The v2 database is not backwards compatible with the earlier versions.
- It has been revised to stand alone from the CodeSnip program in as much as the code is available to be accessed by other applications.
- There are no new snippets: the only change to the content is that the two string management categories have been merged into one. Why there were two is a long story to do with maintaining backward compatibility.
- License, copyright and version information is now included with the database.
- The snippets are now formally licensed under the MIT license.