Never make new year's resolutions - dumping CodeSnip Belvedere

Over 9 years I've had three attempts at creating CodeSnip 5. All have been very ambitious.

The latest was CodeSnip Belvedere, rashly announced on new year's day this year. Now I never normally make new year's resolutions, and I should have stuck with that tradition! Of course Belvedere foundered - it was way too ambitious. Again. I was overwhelmed right from the start. Just look at the repo where there have been bugger all commits.

So here's a new announcement I can stick by: Belvedere is dead, abandoned, gone.

The idea to rebuild CodeSnip from the ground up was an attractive proposition, but it was way too much work. Right from the start I seemed to have an inkling I might have bitten off more than I could chew, because I even queried the wisdom of the new year's resolution in the announcement itself!

And that's what all the failed attempts to create the next release have in common: the plans for the new version were always too ambitious.

Maybe I've learned my lesson! Watch out for plan B (or C, or D, or ...). I have another cunning plan. But this time I'm going to think it through a bit more before announcing it. Maybe not on new year's day 2023 though, eh?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Released CodeSnip v4.21.2 (minor bug fixes)

Released CodeSnip v4.21.1 (bug fix)

CodeSnip v4.23.0 Released