Back to the VCL for CodeSnip 5 Belvedere

Well, my cunning plan to make CodeSnip 5 cross platform by using the FMX framework didn't survive contact with reality for long!

About as long as it took me to realise that SynEdit is a VCL component, in fact. And I really want to use SynEdit.

Another factor was my discovery that Delphi doesn't support GUI applications on Linux out of the box. And, yes, I know there's add on support in Delphi 11 Enterprise for GUI Linux, but that's complicating things slightly.

So that further scuppered my cross platform plans.

So CodeSnip is to remain Windows only. Ho hum.

I'm telling myself it doesn't matter that much because CodeSnip is mainly targeted at managing Delphi code, and the Delphi IDE is Windows only too!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Released CodeSnip v4.21.2 (minor bug fixes)

Released CodeSnip v4.21.1 (bug fix)

Released CodeSnip v4.21.0